Consultation is underway on our region’s first transport plan which includes proposed schemes in Durham and includes reference to the reopening of Ferryhill Rail Station.
The North East Transport Plan contains information on major transport improvements which will help reshape the region’s transport network up to 2035.
The £6.1bn strategy includes 296 proposed schemes covering Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside, and Sunderland.
Proposed schemes in County Durham
- road infrastructure improvements
- cycle route improvements on
- proposed reopening of railway stations and lines ( including Ferryhill Station)
- route upgrades and service improvements to the East Durham coast railway line
- rail network upgrades to ensure railway stations in County Durham are high speed ready
Further information and to have your say visit NE Transport Plan.
To share your views, please fill out the following short survey before 14 January 2021.